Friday 31 January 2014

Free Transfer Printable - Make Your Own Bag or T-Shirt!

After missing last weeks Friday freebie I thought I should make it up to you today with a great one (in fact, keep reading to the end for links to other great free finds).

I recently got my hands on a few meters of lightweight canvas when my incredibly generous mother in law found some going cheap and bought it for me. I was unsure what to do with it at first and knew that, if I put it in my stash, it could sit there for years before it saw the light of day again!


Coincidentally, my daughter started making teenage grumbling noises about needing a bag to take her cooking ingredients to school - carrier bags are 'so not right' according to her. So bags it was!

I went for a simple tote style with a long handle. To be honest, although I can sew, I really have to be in the mood for it and have lots of time and space around me to turn out anything worth talking about. If you are pressed for time or just can't be bothered you can pick up cheap (£1) canvas totes in Hobbycraft.


http://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/hobbycraft-calico-cotton-tote-bag/562912-1000
Hobbycraft Tote for £1

Once I had a few made up I kicked myself for not using applique to decorate them, like I said I'm really up to my eyeballs with a few different projects right now! So I had to come up with something simple, quick and fun to decorate them.

Then it hit me... I had some old t-shirt transfer paper left from an afternoons fun with the kids a few years ago. I've checked and it's still readily available in lots of places but one of the best, and cheapest, I found is at Wilkinsons.


http://www.wilko.com/craft-kits/wilko-t-shirt-transfer-paper-light-a4-x-5-sheets/invt/0261765?VBMST=transfer paper
Wilko's transfer paper
I then made some mini donuts and a cup of tea and cranked up the laptop to Photoshop some magic!

I was quite pleased with the results, although I really need to get some better photographs!

Game of Thrones Bag

Geek Chic

I'm sure that all you crafty people are more than capable of designing something perfect for you, but if you fancy one of the above designs then you can get the full size jpegs by clicking on the images below.


 
Of course you might not want to buy a whole pack of paper, or it might be hard to get your hands on a bag so you can always pop along to my Etsy shop and buy them or other designs!
 
And now the observant of you are all hanging on for the other freebie I promised you :) I found this amazingly beautiful word art from artsy-fartsy mama. I think it will look amazing in a fancy little frame and plan on printing one out to hang in my hallway!
 
 
I really recommend you pop over to check out the rest of her blog - it's stunning!

No comments:

Post a Comment